Doing What MATTERS for Business & Industry
Agriculture Water Environmental Technology Statewide Advisory Committee
The Agriculture Water Environmental Technology Advisory Committee advises, assists, supports and advocates for the Agriculture, Natural Resources, Water, and Environmental Technology programs in California Community Colleges on matters that will strengthen instruction and expand learning opportunities for students in California. The AWET Statewide Advisory Committee is comprised of professionals from all areas of the agriculture and natural resources industry and serves as the industry connection for California community colleges. The Advisory Committee has the responsibility of providing input to the AWET sector in the pursuit of:
- Developing Student leadership and career awareness strategies
- Providing professional development expertise
- Creating contacts within the industry
- Reviewing curriculum for industry relevance
- Program accountability
Agriculture, Water, and Environmental Technology Initiative
Our Workforce Training & Development services are coordinated regionally by Deputy Sector Navigators who connect businesses and students with community college and workforce development resources and services at various colleges.
- Water & Wastewater Technology Programs prepare and certify students for the municipal drinking water and wastewater treatment departments and industrial treatment facilities.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Programs offer traditional education attainment as well as industry certification preparation in a variety of disciplines, including, high wage careers such as heavy equipment operators, Landscape Auditors, Pest Control Advisors, Agriculture Sales representatives, and many more.